Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subaru Transmission into 914, DAMN that turned out good!!
76-914
post Aug 2 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #101

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(charliew @ Aug 2 2016, 07:55 PM) *

Gotta bump this thread DB kept up the updates and saved a lot of time for new attempts at this. There are so many good ideas here and on brittons thread and most all of the ideas are in one place. I realized reviewing this stuff how much has slipped away from me, especially the suby tranny differences on britton't thread. I hope it all gets done or I will have a lot of parts that only I know where to put them or how they go. I gotta find a air to water cooler yet. the one thing I missed was the length of db's long rotating cable. maybe nine or eleven feet but boy eleven seems awful long. might just have to wait on that till I mount the shifter his tranny might not be exactly where Ian's cradle puts the tranny. I like DB's cradle as it mounts solid to the body and gives more strength to the body and then mounts the motor and tranny in rubber and urethane, gotta work on Ian's mount some, I do like the idea of getting the tranny out by itself though. I'm doing cardio therapy but after 6 weeks I'm not sure it is worth it, I get winded at the weirdest times. Guns under the ac are easier projects when it is 101 outside. I bet I hold the record time for the longest parts collector on the 914/suby/911suspension here.

I copied Paul's design and IIRC mine were 7' & 5.5'. They'll cut 'em any length you need Charlie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post Aug 3 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #102

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,610

I'm more of a traditionalist, but I gotta say, that is one awesome setup.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Konrad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:28 PM